Girls Out Loud Episode 13: Military Tech Dorks

1. melvin says:

hi there, ur site reminds me of a TV series in Singapore!
    its called “girls out loud too”!

u can go check it out. ;D

-melvin
    thesocialjuice.com

p.s. its nice seeing someone having a new blog like me,
    keep it UP!

• Maya Grinberg says:

Hey Melvin!
      Thanks for the comment! I didn’t know about the show before, but it looks cool! Do you watch it?

Anyway, keep listening, we hope you like it!

Maya

PS: I like the “without the pulp”– that’s fun!

2. Robert says:

There is a Japanese firm that was doing exoskeleton work for handicap people. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW2pBLQLHj0. I’m thinking heavy load versions of this would be like the load lifters from Aliens. “Where would you like it?” “Bay 12 please.” It would definitely make chopping wood a lot more pleasant.

• Maya Grinberg says:

Robert,
      Thanks for the comment! For SURE would make chopping wood pleasant, but also walking for miles, running for days, etc. Do you think one day in the future, maybe if we have these exoskeletons on anyway, we could eliminate the need for conventional methods of transportation like bicycles and inner city buses? You just propel yourself where you need to go?

Also, these remind me of the big fighting scenes in Avatar, where the humans sat in the “head” space of those enormous fighting robots. :)

• Robert says:

I think exoskeletons will become just as common as forklifts are today. It’s just a matter of getting them to be off-wire and have some way of staying powered for long periods of time. I don’t think they’ll be used as transporation devices unless someone has an impairment of some sort. The application of exoskeletons is endless. Whether it’s construction, warehouse work, or rehabilitation, we will see them flood into our lives like cell phones have.

• Maya Grinberg says:

I find it most interesting that you chose forklifts as the example, versus something else like cranes, tanks, or cars. :)

3. Kristen says:

First, I love this podcast! More girls need an interesting and consistent way to stay current on the tech world…and not feel intimidated if they are new to it. Keep up the awesome work!

• Kristen!
      Thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful comment! It really does mean the world to us that folks are listening…and it seems that some like it! Spread the word to your friends, we really appreciate the support! And we’ll do our best to keep it up.
      Cheers!
      Maya

• Kristen says:

Maya,
        If you are looking to expand your fan base, I feel like you might try this website: http://www.galsguide.com/

You can read a bit about the founder, Blagica Bottigliero, who is a pretty inspiring (and tech-savvy!) business woman, and her mission for the Gals’ Guide site. To me, there is definitely some cross-over between your podcast and the type of women who are using it. The site posts articles about all kinds of issues affecting young professional women, and (at times) is pretty educational. There is a need for more articles and info on the things you discuss in the podcast. I’d try putting your name out there and see if you get any feedback!